11-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #362
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemundster View Post
Looking to go FBO on my 2007 335i e90 AT. currently running vrsf catless dp's and a stage 2 MRD tune. Was looking at picking up a vrsf 7.5" race IC as well as their charge pipe and tial BOV. My local shop (tyspeed) is trying to steer me in the direction of CSF but i'm weary of their recommendation because i see from their instagram that they have recently acquired a sponsorship with them. My two main questions are, is the 7.5" race overkill? I am looking to do upgraded turbos down the road in another year or so. Should i be looking at the 7.5" competition instead or a smaller FMIC all together? Second question is i asked the guys at my local shops about doing inlets and/or outlets and they said i should be doing them along with my turbo upgrade in the future. I figured less trips and less tear downs would get me the best price. Please advise!!!

CSF has phone support if you ever need it and they make quality products. VRSF has e-mail support only and you're at their mercy if you have a question or problem. CSF has rounded tubes for better air flow and VSRF's are traditionally flat. the 7.5" VSRF will require modification or removal of the front cross brace. No matter who you buy from contact the manufacturer and be sure that they're a factory authorized seller in case you ever have issues.
Appreciate 0