View Single Post
      07-26-2019, 03:27 AM   #19
200sxr
Rep
Drives: Has 4 wheels

Good comparison, I have an S3 (not RS3) alongside my M2C. Here are a few of my observations.

- While I do not really mind not having it in the M2C as the M2C is not a true daily for me, the Audi does have the active cruise control (as an option) which is useful.
- The B&O sound system in the Audi is marginally better than the HK sound system in the M2C.
- The LED headlight is far far superior in the M2, granted the facelifted S/RS3 does have better LED headlights.
- In general, the NHV is superior in the Audi. I have been in an RS3 and I would say the NHV between the S3 and RS3 is similar apart from the louder engine / exhaust note in the RS3.
- In terms of the dynamic of the 2 cars, they are two completely different beasts. The handling of the Audi is very much one dimensional (eg understeer, with only a small degree of lift-off oversteer), we all know how good the M2 is in this department. However the Haldex based AWD system in Audi does give an immense amount of traction that the RWD M2 can only dream of. With regards to the adaptive damping on the Audi I am not a fan, it feels like it lacks slow speed compression damping which ruins the feel of the car during the initial turn-in weight transfer. The RS3 had the same feel to me.

All in all I would have thought the 2 cars target 2 very different sets of audiences but maybe not!
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50