Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
I'm not sure why you guys are hating the Honda Civic Type R so much. It's $36k USD new (30k less than an M2C) and probably way more economical and reliable to track(tires/brakes/maintenance) then a BMW.
Give it some respect for what it is. I saw the car in person and looking at the spartan interior and build approach it's clear that honda made this car a no frills track day special.

This is what BMW used to do with the M series when M used to mean something. I mean you don't see Honda making a pilot or odyssey Type R do you?
Lol good luck getting a CTR for MSRP. They're selling for 40k min across the country.

They really need to stop advertising the 36k price, you literally can't buy it for that due to dealer markup, and you can't order it directly from Honda thus 40k is what the price is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Haiii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
They didn't cheat. They conveniently don't mention it was a pre-production car (who knows how much power it was really making) with a stripped interior and Sport Cup 2 tires.
i guess TECHNICALLY it's not cheating. Cheating as in they didn't publish fake time that was not real.

Either way fwd cars in my life are limited to daily drivers / family hauler / grocery getter, etc. I've actually rented a CTR on Turo before buying my LCI M2. If the road is anything but perfect, you can't put the power down at all. It's just too much power going to front wheels with limited traction on acceleration. Hops and skips everywhere, even with the LSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
I'm not sure why you guys are hating the Honda Civic Type R so much. It's $36k USD new (30k less than an M2C) and probably way more economical and reliable to track(tires/brakes/maintenance) then a BMW.
Give it some respect for what it is. I saw the car in person and looking at the spartan interior and build approach it's clear that honda made this car a no frills track day special.

This is what BMW used to do with the M series when M used to mean something. I mean you don't see Honda making a pilot or odyssey Type R do you?
Lol good luck getting a CTR for MSRP. They're selling for 40k min across the country.

They really need to stop advertising the 36k price, you literally can't buy it for that due to dealer markup, and you can't order it directly from Honda thus 40k is what the price is.
It takes a little work, but you absolutely can get the CTR for MSRP...although close to impossible on the west coast. Fan of both Honda and BMW, and may pick up one of these two vehicles, but nuts to pay over MSRP for almost any car.