04-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #11
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
It’s honestly bad design. I have the same system in my BMW X4, and I’ve had the entire thing changed twice. He control module, the remote, even the pipes to amake sure it wasn’t somehow faulty wiring in the electric flaps.

Everyone who has variations of this kit report the same random disconnect problems. The mini JWT kit, the F26 35i MPE and the F87 M2 MPE are all sourced from the same vendor and while each has different piping and mufflers, they share the BT implementation and the silly control unit installed in the trunk.

It’s BT 4.0 interference, low power by design it gets easily interfered with even by someone wearing an Apple Watch waiting at a bus stop (it’s not a coincidence they tend to switch off at red lights). Truth is I’ve noticed Apple watches REALLY don’t play nice at all with the MPE and if someone is wearing an Apple Watch inside your car, good luck getting more than 30 seconds before it closes.

Personally I’m gonna try to wire up a toggle so I can flap the exhaust open and then disconnect the negative line between the fuse box and the MPE ECU, essentially achieving the same thing as physically disconnecting the wiring harness, but to do it from a toggle in the drivers seat. Still use the BT remote to switch modes, but once it’s in the desired mode, essentially cut the power to the MPE ECU to lock it in that mode.
Appreciate 0