10-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #241
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
I'm aware of the rarity, and can understand someone taking the position that because of that rarity it will sidestep what's coming when interest rates normalize. I just disagree and don't think it will be immune, even as rare as it is. There's a level of wealth - think buy-a-baseball-team wealth - that will be insulated from such a correction, and they'll continue to accumulate rarities. But those people want the prestige that comes from owning '50s Ferraris, Jags and Mercedes. They're not hunting the 1M any more than they're hunting '93 Toyota Supras. The people hunting the 1M, or mid-90s Supras, or the FD RX-7, are at a different level and I don't think they'll be as insulated. All you have to do is watch Doug DeMuro's "Why XXX is Worth $300,000" car videos and you quickly realize we're in Fantasyland.

I'm not saying not to buy and enjoy driving a 1M, but once we get to "they're now worth more than when they were new" that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hydraulic steering or throttle response.
FYI not all Hydraulic Steering is good, the E46 M3 CSL is an example, there is not much feel in the wheel, granted enough but not as good as you expect it to be.

Again, "not all" is the key here, some are fantastic and some are just dead.
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN13119.00
Brake_Late1936.50