Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
There are almost 70 M4 CS listed on Autotrader. I would guess many of them will be there months from now. A couple dealers even have unsold 2016 M4 GTS.
M3CS, M4CS and M4GTS are all great cars but the price point is too high. That's why they haven't sold. The majority of the negative reviews of the M4GTS would have disappeared if it hadn't been priced close to a GT3 (and 40K more than a GT4).

The other issue is that there are MANY enthusiasts who would buy these cars if they came with a proper 6MT transmission. There is so much demand for a good manual tranny that Porsche brought it back in the GT3. I wish BMW understood this.

As for the M2 CSL, I'm all for it. I've been first on the list now for two years, as soon as the rumor first started. But the question is will how limited it will be. And if it will be numbered. I fear many folks in this thread are excited for a car they will never even see, let alone have a real chance of buying.
Agreed!

These exclusive variants are fantastic examples of the best BMW has to offer. However, there sky high price and lack of a proper 6 speed take them out of contention for most enthusiasts
Appreciate 0