10-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #36
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
TRACTION mode (one touch of the DSC OFF button) will only give you the loudest burbles when cruising at slow speed. But beware Corinne: by activating TRACTION mode you de-activate safety nannies ! Its purpose: it's a kind of emergency assistance to get you out of snow, ice, mud or dunes (instructions manual: "When TRACTION is active, the vehicle has maximum traction on loose road surfaces"). When all safety nannies remain active (COMFORT mode and SPORT mode), those would permanently cut power to your wheels because those wheels keep slipping through, making it difficult and frustrating to get you out of a slippery surface. As the name says, TRACTION mode will give you traction under those slippery road conditions. Once you get away, activate the safety nannies again (COMFORT mode or SPORT mode). If you want TRACTION mode just to get fun sounds (burbles), only activate that mode when cruising at low speed.
I see we think the same way Artemis ! Thanks - that description is crystal clear ! In fact I suspect that, above a certain speed, Traction mode is automatically disabled because it did this several times when I was driving. Actually all this is probably unnecessary when I get my Fabspeed sports cat and muffler bypass installed !!! There will be a god-forsaken racket 100 % of the time
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0