asciimike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
How do you find the lateral butt support? I am 30 +/- 1 waist and 5' 9" and with the standard bottom pad and a HANS the shoulder belts were about perfect.

Pole Positions are nice but you cannot safely/comfortably use them with a 3 Point system. Pole Position ABEs can be used with 3 point systems but they are much wider and don't hold my slim frame in place.

Dunno why I thought bimmercode could code out errors

EDIT: Cobra will customise them for you anyway you want except they will not lower the harnass holes or apply trademarked logos (I wanted them to install an OEM illuminated M2 badge into the seat).
I'm super happy with the fit. I thought it would be too shallow (it looks sort of shallow), but with the QFPs I'm extremely well anchored.

Fair point on the three pointers. To be fair, I use the QFPs on the street (much to the chagrin of my passengers...), so I wouldn't be super worried about that. I think I mostly have been led to believe that the Recaros are a superior product, though I got good quality materials so I'm pretty comfortable with the seats I've got.

It's all VO coding, so I don't know if there's a technical reason it can't, but I assume it's either: 1) liability for messing with safety systems, or 2) a vast conspiracy by the people who make the tools to not make them easy and thus charge for them

Ugh, I wanted them to stitch the BMW Motorsport into it (or emboss the ///M like you can get with AMX), but they said the same thing. I sort of toyed with the idea of taking the covers off and getting someone else to do it, but I don't know how easy they are to disassembly/re-assemble.
Appreciate 0