horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
It's just really hard to get a perfect launch in a 6mt M2. Such a fine line between wheel spin and bogging down.
I don't have a dragy, just a p3 vent gauge, but my 0-100 times actually got slower after my tune due to more wheel spin. If you launch in anything other than dsc fully off, you most likely won't get 100% throttle. But with dsc off you get wheel spin.
BMW probably got their figures in perfect conditions. I'm certain it could be matched, you just need a very grippy start line.
I'm certain a DCT launched under perfect conditions can get a 4.1, although we're talking 0.6s needed for m2ruder below, assuming he's DCT, 5.2 seconds that I got is 0.9 off the pace for 6MT... that's a lot to make up!

I've not seen ANY videos or dragy logs of 6MT 0~60 anywhere close to 4.3 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
I just got my draggy and did a standing stop launch..... not sure if it was launch control. Did not see the flag like on the M4

1st try I had major burnout and a 0-60 time of 4.74, 1/8 8.36, 1/4 12.97, 1/2 30.99
Did another 0-60 run and a burnout followed with a little sideways action and did 4.83

I need to learn how to launch the car. Does launch control show up with a flag like on the F80/82?
You're DCT aren't you m2ruder?
Yes am DCT. Pulls were at 5:30am, dark and 74deg
Appreciate 0