View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #623
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
I guess I was trying to show how all luxury cars are expensive. Regarding the 2,200 number, only around 500 are for the US.

I agree with you regarding Porsche being in a different league. I do agree that the M2 CS is not a unicorn but it won't be readily available for long. I wish I could reasonably afford a Carrera S or GT3 without hurting my budget. I think the 992 GT3 will be awesome.

My point here is the M2 CS at around $88K with DCT is still around $50K less than the 911 Carrera S that I built at $137K. I don't think CCB's are worth it, plus future buyers on the resale markets may not want it. At least the M2 CS is limited, they will be building 992 Carrera S for the next 7 years. I don't think there will be many M2 CS on the lot in 2021, whereas there will be no problem getting a Carrera S in 2021.

I think the M2 CS is a good bridge car to a future 911. I'm not pleased with how the G Series M3 and M4 look with the grille, no DCT, AWD, bigger cars, more weight, etc. Plus the G Series M3 and M4 will have a price increase which I'm sure people will be griping about next year this time.
Oh absolutely, I understood where you trying to come from. I just don't necessarily see the value of the CS, but I'm sure someone else would say the same in regards to how much I, and others, spent on the M2C. The collectibility will help sales, if not be the main driving factor. Exclusivity is HUGE, a major reason I went with the M2C over a Camaro or something, because I don't want to 50 of my car driving around town.

I do think the current F gen cars will hold value though, especially considering how the G series are panning out. I wouldn't be surprised if the F's resale values stagnate when the new models come out based off sheer looks alone. After the M2C though, a Gen V Viper is on my list, and then super end goal for me is a 991.2 GT3 in manual, purple preferred. I've got a long ways until I'm in a place to consider buying either one.
Appreciate 0