I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I'm not sure who you were asking with your post, but it should be pretty obvious... one way it will work, and one way it will not... It's not going to do any damage if you get it wrong, it's just not going to work. Not sure why you'd need a multimeter to confirm that.
With the fusetaps, that's not always the case. You can install it either way, and it will provide hot out the tail... but if you install it the wrong way you're actually putting both loads on the fuse that came from the car, rather than drawing off the intended hot and using the separate fuse correctly. Or at least, I had a fuse tap in the past that worked either way... maybe it was a crappy fusetap?

With a PMP, it shouldn't really matter since the fusetap is basically only used as a voltage sense and there shouldn't be any real load there... but I prefer to "do it right."

Quote:
I'm personally working through an issue now where my parking mode switches off after approximately 6 hours. I'm trying to diagnose if it's battery voltage related, or some serious inaccuracy in the Power Magic Pro, which I had set to 12 hours. I left the trunk open last night so that I could check if the permanent 12v was being switched off by the car somehow, but that wasn't the case because there was still 12.3v at the fuse when I checked first thing this morning. It was 12.3v last night as well when I checked before leaving the car, so the voltage drop, unless it somehow recovered, certainly shouldn't be the issue.

I've set it to indefinite now and am waiting to see how long it stays on for.
What did you use for the permanent 12v, direct on the battery or something else? There's no way for it to shut off the battery AFAIK, but any other fused "always hot" location may not actually always be hot, because of modern battery management techniques. What did you use for switched too, the radio like in this video? It shouldn't really matter since I wouldn't expect the PMP to care about the switched power going away (I would guess it is only used so it knows when to start its timer).
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0