View Single Post
      12-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #17
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
One question - your fuse tap, did you test with the multimeter which side of the fuse box is the output and what is the input? IOW, is the right side (from camera perspective) the portion directly attached to battery, and the left is post-fuse and going out to the car equipment?
I'm not sure who you were asking with your post, but it should be pretty obvious... one way it will work, and one way it will not... It's not going to do any damage if you get it wrong, it's just not going to work. Not sure why you'd need a multimeter to confirm that.

I'm personally working through an issue now where my parking mode switches off after approximately 6 hours. I'm trying to diagnose if it's battery voltage related, or some serious inaccuracy in the Power Magic Pro, which I had set to 12 hours. I left the trunk open last night so that I could check if the permanent 12v was being switched off by the car somehow, but that wasn't the case because there was still 12.3v at the fuse when I checked first thing this morning. It was 12.3v last night as well when I checked before leaving the car, so the voltage drop, unless it somehow recovered, certainly shouldn't be the issue.

I've set it to indefinite now and am waiting to see how long it stays on for.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0