View Single Post
      07-06-2021, 05:34 PM   #15
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Which is why it's extremely high praise that the M2 keeps getting compared to it. The Cayman was engineered more for track/performance than the M2, yet the M2 is right on its heels while having back seats and way more practicality. The margin between the Cayman and M2 should be much bigger, but BMW created an outstanding car that doesn't give up much to the more purpose built Cayman.
I don't agree with the former of your response. The BMW was literally made to be a track car and that is how BMW markets it too. The fact that the M2CS has a much harsher suspension and it less compliant as a street car says all you need to know about how focused it is. And then theres the power - it makes a material amount more power than the Cayman. Even if you only go by factory numbers its got 55 hp over the Cayman and gobs of torque - and we all know it makes far closer to 500 hp than it does 450 hp.

As far as practicality and speed go, a Panamera turbo is faster on the N'Ring than both cars (and a slew of super and hypercars to boot) yet it is a refined, full size luxury car - should we be taking anything away from the Cayman GTS or M2CS since they can't keep up with it? Absolutely not! Suspension and tires are so good this day in age combined with power can make even SUV's lap as fast a many sports cars (ie Cayenne turbo GT which is also faster than both of these cars on the N'Ring).

Ultimately, these are two of the better cars being produced today - though as a biased owned I went with the 718 GT4.
Appreciate 0