View Single Post
      03-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

It's official: (Lap times) TT RS faster than M2, M4 and M6.

Prelude: New article from EVO: M2 vs TT RS vs Cayman S

"(The M2's)...dampers soon get switched back from Sport to Normal – they’re far too stiff for these roads, and even in Comfort the M2 can pogo – but I still long for the engine to have more energy higher up the rev band and to not make a monotone grrrr whatever it’s doing…

After the M2, the Audi is a revelation. There’s little to signpost its impending ability other than ‘fast’ steering, which initially feels like a ruse to disguise a lot of engine in the nose. It’s not. The TT RS gets better the harder you drive it."

TT RS
0-62 MPH: 3.5
1/4 mile: 11.6
Circ. de Nevers Magny-Cours Club ---1:22.60
Contidrom (3.63 km) ----------------- 1:36.20
Contidrom (3.8 km) -------------------1:32.78
Sachsenring --------------------------- 1:37.53

M2
0-62 MPH: 4.2
1/4 mile: 12.5
Circ. de Nevers Magny-Cours Club ---1:23.50
Contidrom (3.63 km) ------------------1:38.40
Sachsenring ----------------------------1:37.65

M4
0-62 MPH: 4.0
1/4 mile: 12.0
Circ. de Nevers Magny-Cours Club ----1:23.72
Contidrom (3.8 km) -------------------1:33.60
Sachsenring -----------------------------1:37.22

M6
0-62 MPH: 3.9
1/4 mile: 11.8
Sachsenring -----------------------------1:37.67

"The little orange Porsche’s flat-four thumps coarsely at idle from just behind my kidneys. For once, I am oblivious to it. I am completely transfixed by an Audi TT seemingly heading for a massive accident. Up ahead, road test editor Dan Prosser is getting the new TT RS out of shape for Dean Smith’s camera on the far hairpin of Bedford Autodrome’s West Circuit. The TT dives aggressively into the corner then pitches nose up as Dan gets committed with the throttle, markedly gaining speed in the process. Suddenly the tail yaws to the side, by perhaps 25 degrees but no more, and then it stays locked onto that drift angle, still gaining speed, the front wheels almost straight, the rears spinning up, engine howling. However, there is no accident: this is just what the new TT RS does under power. Already I get the distinct feeling it may be a TT unlike any other."

Source: http://fastestlaps.com/models/bmw-m4

http://www.evo.co.uk/group-tests/190...yman-vs-bmw-m2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line:

If you regularly use the backseats, get the M2, hands down. It is a good all-rounder.

If you have the money and appreciate luxury interiors and creature comforts, plus really care about your car's soundtrack, get the TT RS.

If you don't need backseats, don't care that much for the soundtrack when compared to the importance of handling, the best of the bunch in that regard is of course the Cayman S.

Last edited by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights; 03-12-2017 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 2
geogerf115.50