Thread: M2CS vs 718 GT4
View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #82
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

I was having this debate as well personally and test drove a 2016 GT4 and OG M2 a couple weeks apart and was very comfortable going the M2CS route after doing so for me. I was looking for a car I could drive for fun during the summer and for car gatherings and turn around and comfortably knock out a half dozen track days or more each year, something both cars will do great. After driving them though, the M2 was MUCH more fun as a daily driver for city streets and work commuting. The extra seats were also a bonus.

Things others may find more surprising... There was significantly more road noise in the GT4 than M2, overall exhaust/engine was better in M2 in part because it had personality from low revs up versus GT4 only started to sing above 5k, and you just couldn't get there much in the Porsche in normal driving. Getting in and out was easier in the M2 which isn't a surprise but some other ergonomics were more familiar to me so I preferred that as well, and the ingress mattered to me for taking the car to work and getting in and out five or six times in a day. The GT4 also had constant transmission whine at all speeds that was annoying to me to hear over engine and exhaust.

Overall I didn't feel that the CS you would give up much in driving precision or track performance and significantly made up for it in fun factor. "Grins" score during the test drive was a no contest.

Last edited by sdhotwn; 01-23-2024 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 2
M3R12168.50
m2ss1790.00