View Single Post
      12-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #17
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Had a 991.1 911, 2013 base, manual. Now have a 2016 M2. They were both awesome and to me, sort of equivalent in excitement. I found the Porsche much more beautiful, though. You can stare at its rear haunches in your driveway, the forged 20" wheels, the iconic and voluptuous shape. The M2 is certainly nice, but not on the same level aesthetically, for me.

The 2019+ M2C, with its increase in power and braking, would likely be the more exciting car to drive as base 911's can feel a little sedate. However, the tradeoff is the 911 has a better ride, is quieter on the highway, and a nicer interior. The M2 sound system is pure crap too, if thats a factor.

911 service costs can be scary too but, M2 isn't exactly cheap. M2 is much more DIY friendly if that's your thing. The rear-engine placement makes it much more difficult to do anything beyond oil-changes on a 911. I'd never get a Porsche anything out of CPO or some warranty. On the 911, I was quoted $7.5k for a clutch, plugs, coil packs, and full 50k service. Yikes!

If you're financially well off, I'd go for a lightly used 991.2 911 GTS or GT3 or even the latest 992 or GT4/Spyder, they're truly special cars. If you are motivated by value, all Porsche's are a hard argument to get behind and the M2C is a totally thrilling car considering it's price. I'd also keep an eye on the upcoming C8, very hard to overlook the value equation there.
Appreciate 0