12-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #13
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
Isn't having a powerful, rear wheel drive vehicle as your daily in the northeast kind of a bad idea? That Porsche or M2 is going to be difficult at best in the winter. Wouldn't it make more sense to find an AWD vehicle for daily duty in areas with snowy winters and very rainy falls? I believe Porsche does make some AWD vehicles.. As far as the BMW goes, a M240i xdrive might do quite a bit better where you live. I'm not a fan of my m2 in the rain and I would not even want to test it in the snow. My m2 is my daily, but it shares duty with a 2008 A4 quatro for bad weather.
Exactly!

Something like an Audi RS 3

I am talking a bit out of my ass because I need something other than my 718 CGTS for snow days in the Midwest and about to pull trigger on an M2C (with some aftermarket snow tires). . . BUT I did give the RS 3 a test run. Honestly, it's a nice ride and superior to M2C for purposes intended. Just not what I want.

My more reasonable half (wife) asked me to reconsider, and insists I drive the RS 3 one more time over holidays before pulling trigger on M2C. Of course I will . . . end up getting the M2C

///AVM
Appreciate 0