View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #5
blckz06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BSM17 View Post
I had a 2017 M2 for a year that I traded in for an F150. I then got an E36 M3 to go with the truck, but missed having a sports car with a little more power and tech. A friend was selling his 997.1 and I seriously considered it, but the PPI didn’t turn out great (had engine bore scoring... which you can read about and can affect some 997.2). Would have been a 25k rebuild. He had no idea and car had no symptoms of it. Borescope on PPI showed it. I was disappointed that the purchase didn’t work out so I test drove an M2 competition and loved it. More room in the back for the kids than the 911, felt a lot faster than my OG M2, and didn’t have to worry about warranty issues on a 10 year old car. I ended up with DCT this time (had 6MT in first M2). I love the transmission so far and the car feels so much faster. I’ll also track it some. I still have the E36 M3 with a manual transmission when I feel like rowing my own gears, and to be honest, I prefer the clutch feel in the E36 over my old M2. In the end, both the 997.2 and M2C are great cars... just need to decide what works better for your life and budget.

Thanks for chiming in. I've looked at 997s but would be going for the 991.2 generation (3.0 turbo).
Appreciate 0