View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #3
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Short answer: You have nothing to worry about, it sits lower not because it's keeping the clutch pushed in, but because the shape of the pedal is different. The whole throw is shorter than stock + BMS stop once it's installed, because the resting point is lower, but this is all in the geometry of the pedal shaft, not in terms of fluid flow etc.

I have the UCP, had the BMS clutch stop before that, and have also removed the CDV from my slave cylinder.

Honest opinion here... it's a very very well made product, but I swapped back to stock for a service a couple of weeks ago, and I think I might prefer stock. I tried all combinations of spring position etc, and I think I appreciate the additional control achieved with a slightly longer throw.

For me, the biggest difference was probably the BMS clutch stop because without that your foot seems to press on forever for no real reason, then close second the CDV, and then distant third, the UCP.

I don't want to knock the quality of the product, because it's truly very well made, but I'm in two minds as to whether I should swap back to UCP when I get my car back from service this afternoon.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0