03-25-2019, 03:49 AM   #25
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Just stumbled on this thread and had some Qs about the M2C on track. Thanks for the excellent feedback BTW.

1) how did you find the 2NH brakes? I am in the EU and debating on whether I should order these or wait 2 years on the blue brakes and get APs when the warranty runs out

2) what did you mean by "-The M2C is a good/decent track car out of the box but I would look elsewhere if you plan to get a bit more serious."

Did you mean look into P cars or ZL1 1LE type cars or into track cars like a Radical or Westfield etc?

I currently track about 10-12 times a year for half day sessions (2-4 hours open pitlane), I usually take it easy and drive 8/10 or so as I have to drive the car home at the end of the day.

I plan to turn the M2C into a streetable track car (just keepig it road legal) once I get another car in 4-5 years. Do you as a more experienced guy think this is worth it? or is the platform simply too limited to ever compare to a 2nd hand touring car or track day special?
1) I found the brakes kind of meh. They sure are big and pretty but I personally don't like the feel of it. If this was an option, I would save the money for a set of AP/Essex brake kits. Some things really bother me about the weight it adds and the limited selection of wheels due to its size. Plus I think they are mediocre at best on stock pads. Haven't tried track pads on this car yet but I doubt I will.

2) I mean if you are going to regularly track a car, get a dedicated track car. Unless you have GT3 and GT3RS to play around with, I don't see any good compromise on the market where you will enjoy a track focused car on the road. If you track regularly, you would know the maintenance cost of a light vs heavy track car. Ideally, you'll wanna go as light as you can, hence my main track car is an Atom.

3) Do I think it is worth it? I personally don't because it's quite capable on its own to be enjoyed as a track car based on your purpose and track usage. I would just enjoy it and see what you need going forward. If it becomes more serious for you, you will have the answer. Everybody starts somewhere and find their own path of enjoyment in this sport. Enjoy your car in good health.
Appreciate 3
Megator517.50
cptobvious2531.50
qnet681.50