Thread: 2019 M Car Days
View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #19
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I had two people talk to me about the car. One gent had an, I think, F10 M5. He asked a few questions, which was fun, but his main review that he mentioned was the surprisingly negative Savagegeese review. I heard two other folk mention Savagegeese while looking at our cars.

I've re-watched that review a few times, and I honestly think that Mr. Geese was choosing to dislike the car and down-playing its strengths. It didn't feel like his usual frowny-but-even review. I re-watched to see if my biases were coming in or if I was really picking up a bias, and I really do think I was picking up a bias. The fact that I'm not 100% in love with my car (I really, really love driving it but I have some solid issues with it) leaves me ready to accept criticism of the car, for the most part, when the criticism is a valid point. It's not a track car out of the box? Well, duh. It has street tires on it. It can go over speed bumps. In that case, neither is the M4, the standard M5, or any of the non-CS/GTS M's. It's not a valid hack on just the M2.

It's stupid, but I think some enthusiasm for the M2C has been eroded by Savagegeese. Could also be the usual American "bigger is better"...4 is a bigger number than 2...
Appreciate 1
DanG10660.50