tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I respectfully disagree with this statement.

I am the hardcore enthusiast among my family and acquaintances. You should hear the whinging and moaning that they engage in when the maintenance and warranty's are up. This includes a people that can MORE THAN AFFORD the upkeep and repairs. They are KEENLY AWARE of this. Additionally, I've spent enough time at the dealership to hear the shock and horror of people when they get the bill for their first out of plan maintenance. It typically isn't pretty.

Your final statement is absolutely correct...we are not the average owners in any respect. The general public, especially those who are transitioning from Honda's, entry level Lexus/Toyota's, etc. into their first BMW factor this into their decision to move upmarket.

Cheers-mk
Yes, but you're talking about people who have experienced the "free" service and are having to adjust to paying....or deciding to trade in so they don't have to adjust.

I'm just talking about my experience with average customers over the time I worked as a BMW CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliCO View Post
At least until recently, BMW very much used no-cost maintenance in their branding. It was all over the commercials and print ads.
That's true, but it's pretty amazing how little of that advertising sinks in.

Oddball that I am I tend to pay pretty close attention to commercials much of the time, because I've found I learn about products and offers I wouldn't know about otherwise.

From my experience with family and friends they typically pay almost no attention (especially to details) when commercials come on.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!