View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 07:22 PM   #12
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Yeah, not at first. My plan is to run just E85 on track days and 93 on the street. Perhaps next winter going to PS2. I should have all the supporting mods at that point.

I'm curious of the flex fuel support on a straight E85 tune will allow for changing between pump gas and E85 without a retune.

Even if it doesn't, the map switching ability will make it easy.

The biggest reason I want full E85 tune is to avoid having to mix fuel. It's a pain in the ass, and I'm just too lazy for all that. E85 tune with Flex fuel support takes out the guess work.
Yup, was ready to mention the map switching in the middle of reading your sentence then saw you said it right after haha.

I have my doubts BM3 will issue an OTS e85 tune for stock M2 turbo, due to what I mentioned before. But who knows, maybe they will. Otherwise you'd have to get a custom tune. e85 would help keep things cool and prevent detonation on hot track days. But I think the low end, non-linear power would force you to pedal the throttle coming out of corners to avoid spin.

Also I'm having my doubts the update will be available for N55, because BM3 usually announces updates relating to the N55 in the N55 section. In the past, if they've update for both engines, they post about it in both sections. Hope it's not that way, but that's what I'm thinking right now.

PS2 was on my list to buy this black friday, but don't think I will now. Landlord wants to raise my rent and a new tenant moved in next door who is an ex-con and is really aggressive towards me, always yelling at everyone and fighting with his gf, and makes the whole house smell like cigarettes and weed. Making it impossible for me to work at home. So I think it's time to buy a house. And where I wanna live is 9hrs away, in west virginia. So that's a big expense and whole process I gotta do instead of car upgrades.
Appreciate 0