Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
BM3 doesn't read flex fuel sensors. As far as I recall, there isn't any tuning software that does for the M2. They don't link with the DME. There was a convo I was having with someone else on here not too long ago about it.

Pump e85 isn't actually e85 either, it's more like e40. Well, that's what the sources I was reading said back when I was having the convo. Wiki says USA e85 is 51-83% ethanol.

Either way, flex fuel would be pointless regardless of what e content the fuel has, because there isn't a working tunable flex fuel sensor for the m2.

So your options are:
1) Don't install flex fuel sensor, run pump e85, and use the BM3 e30 tune. Which is designed for e30 as a safety measure for pump e85 variaences.

2) Purchase your own e85 that has consistent ethanol content and get a custom tune for that.

If running e85, you want a bigger turbo though. Because the stock turbo would run out of it's efficiency range. It would make low end power, but fizzle out in the top end.
BM3 is release flex fuel support soon. See this thread

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26660531

I realize that pump E85 is inconsistent, which is why I'm waiting for the flex fuel support.
Appreciate 0