12-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #17
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz101 View Post
Spoke with Chris at Carbahn, and I am going that route in the absence of anything from Dinan. The drawback compared to BM3 is obviously less customizations, but they think it is not a good idea to give all those options to tuners who don't know what they're doing.
Imo I think they're just using a simple scare tactic to deter you from going with bm3, mhd or ecutek. Of course it's not a good idea to give a huge range of features to any tuner, but why would someone would bring their expensive BMW to a random schmuck tuner is beyond me. If you bring your car to a reputable tuner like dezzeno@ptf (bm3 creator), justin@twisted tuning (bm3, mhd, and ecutek certified tuners) they'll easily get you sorted with a custom tune which is thousands of times better in terms of power delivery, smoothness, and optimization of the tune to your car over any ots map which are crap at best imo. There is imo, no such thing as a perfect one size fits all tune, there are "decent" ots maps but none of them will be able to fully match your car with it's specific mods, fuel quality in use, altitude and driving conditions perfectly and will always leave something left to be achieved.

Overall I personally just think the carbahn tune is just an over priced ots map that is extremely under performing and doesn't offer the performance + custom tailored experience a tune of that price should. Like a custom pro tune is cheaper than even the cheapest carbahn tune with no start up roar, no warranty and no tuning tablet. Like a full pro tune + mhd licence is cheaper than the carbahn tune + flasher. Overall the only good thing about this tune is the option for a warranty if that concerns you, otherwise there are way better options out there for less money.