Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee500 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
Interesting perception about the sound. I'm coming from a 435 (N55) and always thought it sounded just like every other BMW non-V8 that came out in the past few years: like crap!
The S55 doesn't sound great either but I guess sounds just like looks, are totally subjective.
That's because the M2 N55 isn't a standard n55. The m2 n55 has many parts from the s55. I had a tuned 335i coupe with the n55 before my LCI m2. There's no comparison. The m2 in sport plus mode is intoxicating even with the stock exhaust. Those burbles are worth the every penny. Its the reason I bought an LCI over the comp. plus I will never track my car so I didn't need the extra power of the s55.
What parts is the N55 borrowing from the S55?

There is a small part of me that wishes I would have bought an E9x M3. Just a beastly engine. But I have to remind myself that it's just not practical around town...there is just no way to consistently get up into those higher RPMs, where the engine becomes really fun, without getting arrested.

The low end torque of the N55, turbo blasphemy and all, makes the M2 fun for me no matter the driving circumstances. Again, it's just the perfect all around balance I had been looking for. Just can't get enough of it.
They took the crankshaft the pistons the and bunch of other stuff. Watch this video it explains it all in great detail. Trust me in a few weeks you will not miss the m3. The harder you drive the m2 the better it performs. The car loves to be reved hard AF. It hates slow creeping lol. I have a dct and it hates when I try to keep it under 3k rpms. And then the reward is when you rev it really hard in MDM mode or sport or sport plus then down shift back to 3rd gear. Oh man I smile every time and it never gets old. The beauty of this engine is there's so much low end torque that it throws you back early in the rev range. I know the one complaint of the s65 was low end torque. The m2 has no problem in the low end. That's where the car excels. For DD it's wonderful