View Single Post
      10-28-2018, 07:51 PM   #28
M-Supra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5

This is my opinion, take it for what it's worth, I am not bashing sexy, great sounding aftermarket exhausts.

I just simply do not understand why my fellow enthusiasts drop so much cash on something that can be so easily matched in sound performance/exhaust flow improvements.

I've got an N55, mine was simple and pennies...I prefer to drop my hard earned cash HP/Performance.

Fantastic looking/sounding exhaust that Eisenmann builds but how many people get compliments on their beautiful stainless pipes and surgical welds that are under their car and dirty as hell?

On the N55, it's simply a matter of removing the last straight 12" section of factory piping before entering muffler.

Most online performance parts stores sell a very simple device that has been used in the performance exhaust industry for decades..."cutout"

To match the factory stainless piping, I purchased a 12" stainless Y-Pipe in 3" diameter and had my local Muffler Shop weld it in place.

You can pick up a remote control electric 3" cutout system for anywhere from $55 (eBay), up too $200 for a fancy schmancy one.

Exhaust sound becomes a deeper toned straight pipe (most exhaust exits cutout but a lot goes through muffler too because my valve is on the "Y" part of the cutout). If I want her to sound stock, I close the valve and exhaust continues on its path through stock muffler...it's the EXACT same process that the factory employs but you can have an additional one on the primary pipe, my stock valves are untouched.

Some people think mine looks ugly, like a hemorrhoid Imadork and think its different and actually draws enthusiasts attention because I put the valve and turn down pipe on the center line of the factory muffler and it is just above and to the rear of the diff, it can be seen looking at the car from a few paces away. My car eats a ton of MMT so all "5" of my exhaust exits are a burnt orange color. Anyone that has gone racing on a budget is more than likely wondering what kind of power she makes

Not for everyone (I'm 50+ but apparently think I'm still 18).

Put the moolah in the parts that make her scream

I'll try and make a soundtrack shortly, currently at a close friend's lake house in N.GA mountains and the Road Atlanta quality roads that circle the lake are the shiznizzle, yes, I'm still buzzing from the drive I just got back from and waiting to hear the local Sheriff's Hemi Charger come screaming by the house that is concealed in the woods

And it's a damn good thing I threw the R-compound tires and EBC yellows on before I came up here, thank you Lord...when you have race pads on a car and you know they have been seated and the calipers bled properly and you get them so hot that you're inhaling hot asbestos and you start to lose pedal 3/4 of the way through a 10 mile uphill/downhill section of non-guardrail mountain road, you were probably driving a bit more aggressively than advised.
Attached Images

Last edited by M-Supra; 10-29-2018 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 3
StLuis51458.50
Karlosm2c290.50