Thread: M4 GTS MDM
View Single Post
      07-25-2020, 02:23 PM   #79
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

After several months of living with M4 GTS DSC and Euro MDM, I’m not quite content with them overall.

I’m curious if others are experiencing super early intervention (throttle cut, and perhaps some brake intervention) in normal and sport modes on the M4 GTS DSC with Euro MDM coding? On clover leaf freeway interchanges and other fairly wide radius turns, it’s shutting things down at a pace that would be reasonable/comfortable with your grandparents in the back of an SUV or minivan.

Sport+ and Traction modes (where MDM is active) on the other hand, are fantastic on the track and actually are usable, unlike stock.

The above has been true with both square and staggered wheel/tire combos. I installed Ohlins R&T coilovers, front torque arm bushings, and rear toe links at roughly the same time as coding the car, so not sure if these are contributing factors. I had camber plates already and alignment is only slightly more aggressive than before.

So I don’t really want to switch back to stock coding since the car sees a fair bit of track time, and I’m pretty happy with things there. I also prefer Sport for back roads and general street use. For unfamiliar tracks, rainy days, and the track closest to home lacking safe runoffs, I don’t want to commit to DSC off full time, either.

I’ve seen some are using F87CS with Euro MDM. Can anyone weigh in on whether this will keep the track manners I like in Sport Plus and Traction, while making Sport and Normal less restrictive?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/experiences.
Appreciate 1
ZM22839.50