04-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #71
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
No, I didn't try that, actually wasn't aware that it was a change that I could make. Things seem great as is though, so I don't have a mad desire to go and test it.

I did a full I-Step update to prepare for Full Screen CarPlay a few months back, October to be precise. I went from F020 17-11-530 (NBTevo M), which I think is what I was updated to shortly after buying the car because of the LCI dash recall, to F020 19-07-539 (NBTevo R) for FullScreen CarPlay compatibility. I think that was the latest at the time.

Looking back on my notes from that time, it took 49 minutes for the update to complete.
Hi.

I tested the GHAS in F82GTS mode today. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but what a great result from 10 mins of tinkering!

Any hint of understeer is completely gone and the car feels much sharper into turns. When going around a bend, the car's line can now be tightened purely with the throttle - I guess that the LSD is now putting more torque to the outside wheel, which is then pushing the car around the corner much more sharply (but only when asked, not in a scary way).

This is based on Sport+ in the dry - I expect that running in Sport+ with GTS GHAS in the wet would make the rear feel much more edgy for sure, but I always drive in Sport in the wet which I expect will still be ok).

Honestly, it feels brilliant and is a great improvement - definitely recommended!!!

There are two settings that can be changed - I did them both.

WT
Attached Images

Last edited by widetyres; 04-26-2020 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 1
F87source7320.00