View Single Post
      12-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #20
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post
OK. UNDERSTOOD. My last car was a GTR and what you could do with ECUTEK was awesome. NO need to remove anything. ANd it could control a bunch of stuff. Lots of OTS MAPS, Custom MAPS, MAPS for the gearbox and a bunch of other freatures.

Im confused.
Bootmod3 allows a tuner to custom tune my car? And it can be done remotely?
Who are these tuners? I ask because Autocouture can only unlock the DME and sell me the BootMod3.
bootmod3 provides you with OTS maps along the lines of how a Cobb Accessport works. No additional custom tuning is required at all but it provides you with the option to further calibrate your car from the provided OTS maps and make a tune unique to your needs whatever they might be. Many enthusiasts out there are familiar with tuning from other cars they've had in the past and they find tuning their own car lots of fun. bootmod3 provides you with the means to do that yourself, or with any tuner shop of your choice.

Along with that it comes with many other features through the Android and the just released iOS app demoed here, F80post, F30post, our instagram/facebook and other forums. Let us know if any other questions at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
Any drawbacks of using bm3 as a backend flash to jb4? Or would it be better to run it as a standalone flash
Not really. JB4 works with bootmod3 loaded flashes the same way as it does on other platforms. bootmod3 uses the newest diagnostic interface that BMW implemented starting with the F series BMWs (Flexray) that allows us to log data at a very high refresh rate, anywhere from 17-20 samples/sec that we're quite proud of integrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
I'm sure its just like with Cobb. You can do it yourself if you want to try it or take it to any great tuner shop out there and have them make a tune for your car.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
Jadar1752.50