01-04-2017, 06:53 AM   #35
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Akina View Post
What kind of tires Jackie? Michelin Pilot Sport A/S? I am a big fan of those and ran them on my FR-S. Never tried them in light snow but they were rather good in the cold+wet.

I got the Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ just about three weeks ago for my X1. They are an " ultra high performance all season " tire - which for many is practically an oxymoron. If you live in deep snow get a true winter tire.. however there is a niche for all season tires

I Drove to Indiana from Texas days after getting the new tires mounted and was there for about 3-4 " of snow. Ran into ice while heading back to Texas. I saw the traction control light come on (unprovoked ) just once on my trip. I had grip everywhere I went and it took effort to do donuts in a parking lot on the fresh 3-4". That's pretty amazing from 19" tires.

Turn in is not as good as the Extreme performance category Pirelli P ZERO tires that came off ( of course ) and the tire is a lot more comfy to drive daily.

For my purpose of daily driving in Texas where we get occasional snow these are practically overkill. I was very impressed with them in light snow. I also considered the continental extreme contact and a Pirelli all season.

@jackie chiles - After reading the reviews and experiencing the michelins- I suspect that both the other tires would have a little better initial turn in... which I would appreciate- especially on an M2.
Appreciate 1