View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #4625
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Turned off DSC fully and did my first burnout. Man. That was bloody amazing. No idea why I haven't done it sooner!

A little bit disappointed that in the DCT there is no way to rev the car in first gear to do a controlled launch, other than to use launch control. Annoying, because I'm not doing it to launch, I miss being able to balance the clutch for a controlled burnout. Instead, you just have to turn off DSC and floor it from 1k~ rpm... unless there is a 'workaround' I'm not aware of.
Well I did see that someone with the old DCT on like a 135i I think said they found a way around some of the limitation of the DCT for launching. They noticed that if foot on the brake and then hitting gas the car rev slightly but then the car would stop revving and go back to idle. So they just started pumping the gas and each time it would gain like 500 revs then they would let off the brake when the revs were as high as they desired.

Now I have not tried this. I don't know if it works with our DCTs. I do not know if this is safe as far as wear and tear on our transmission or clutches.

If you try it let me know...

Example here.
Appreciate 2
NathObeaN1307.50
M2C_PLUS1774.00