Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surewin
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Something doesn't seem right. A C6 Z06 ran a 140.9 (a tenth slower). The M2 time seems too good to be true... But assuming it is accurate that is pretty awesome.
I have to agree. That time seems a ways off. My best time so far on Laguna Seca in my modified C5 Z06 was 1:50.1. It was the first time I took the car out to the track and I didn't come anywhere close to the level of grip and speed in the corners I should have, but I wasn't necessarily a slow poke, as I was passing plenty of people. I should be able to shave 5 sec off next time I go.

They're using their cell GPS to gauge time. I have the latest and greatest Samsung Note 5 and use the GPS mapping to time my walks and jogs. It's horribly inaccurate and inconsistent when you look at the data. They need a real timing transponder for the track. I call BS on the 1:40.88 time. This car definitely is not beating out a C6 Z06 Vette, Cayman R, and C63 AMG S at the hands of Randy Pobst.
So you're saying that you're capable of a running 1:45 on your second time on a track, but then you call BS on professional drivers that can be 5 more sec faster, all of whom have countless more hours of seat time and skill than you probably do? :
1:50 is pretty slow. He must be in the beginner group passing people because folks from on here are running 1:42 in an e92 m3. C6 z06? That should be WAY faster - just on the straights alone.