stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb View Post
I have to agree. That time seems a ways off. My best time so far on Laguna Seca in my modified C5 Z06 was 1:50.1. It was the first time I took the car out to the track and I didn't come anywhere close to the level of grip and speed in the corners I should have, but I wasn't necessarily a slow poke, as I was passing plenty of people. I should be able to shave 5 sec off next time I go.

They're using their cell GPS to gauge time. I have the latest and greatest Samsung Note 5 and use the GPS mapping to time my walks and jogs. It's horribly inaccurate and inconsistent when you look at the data. They need a real timing transponder for the track. I call BS on the 1:40.88 time. This car definitely is not beating out a C6 Z06 Vette, Cayman R, and C63 AMG S at the hands of Randy Pobst.
People don't understand what driving skill can do. My friend ran 1:47 in a bone stock 2015 WRX on stock street tires. A modified C5 Z06 with a good driver will be easily sub 1:40.

1:40 is very quick but looking up official laptimes it is 2 seconds behind a GT4.
Would need to see same driver driving Cayman GT4 and see what his lap times are then
Appreciate 1