View Single Post
      03-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #9
Bullygrrl
BMW noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017, 328D sport wagon

UPDATE 7-/12/2018:
Success! I recently had my software re-flashed, and I bought a Y cable (RadTech, ProCable Line-out. 30 pin to USB/3.5mm: RDT POC2152320) 9 bucks on eBay. Now my iPod Classic interfaces perfectly and instantly!

The software update was due to a self-opening tailgate issue (Know issue). IDK if the success was due to the updated software or the cable or both, but it works and I'm happy because now I have loads of music for road trips. So anyone having the same issue, buy the cable, and if that doesn't work, have the software updated next time you bring your car in for service.

Original post:
I just purchased a 2017 M328D sport wagon with iDrive, xDrive, from Bob Smith in Calabasas. It has more bells and whistles than a circus! So it is taking me some time to figure out how it all works... Also my vehicle didn't come with the media manual, so I'll have to have one sent from the dealer- hopefully they have one!

That said, I was told that my iPod (160 gb classic, 4000+ songs ) would seamlessly interface with my vehicle, with just a USB connection. Well I totally fell for that piece of cheese...

So I connected my iPod and it shows that it recognizes and interfaces with the iDrive, and visa-versa, but did not fully connect over 30 minutes of connection and driving the car– I chalked it up to slow interface on initiation... So on Monday, took a two hour drive to Santa Barbara & back, and it never got past "loading". I do expect the interface to be slower than my laptop, but sheesh!!!

Is this something that any of you have experienced? How long did your's take to "load" and be accessible on the iDrive?

Should I give it a bit more time, or should I just kiss it goodbye now? I do love my new car, but my iPod has worked almost flawlessly for years. Seems like the car should be backward compatible with a little old storage device. I don't think that's too much to expect.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Bullygrrl; 07-12-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0