View Single Post
      03-06-2018, 01:55 AM   #3
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavarsean View Post
I have the exact same issue. If you find a solution please post it here!
Well - hello - nice to hear I'm not alone. The issue has not gone away for me - I've just resigned myself to live with it. Only part of the car that is a clear downgrade from my 2016 M235i ... which makes it particularly annoying ... it used to work!

As someone with a background in s/w development, I view this as a pretty lame failure at Quality Control from BMW's software team. And my hunch is that it has something to do with too much multi-tasking happening at startup - and not enough cpu bandwidth. Seems to me the interface is failing to "keep up" with the iPod - and thus losing the "connection". But that's just a guess. Might be a "buffer too small" problem - who knows. What is clear is that it's embarrassingly unreliable.

The most annoying behavior - which only happens sometimes, not always. Is that not only will it forget where it was in a track, it will completely forget what track it was playing, and default to the first track on the iPod (sorted alphabetically by track name). Can't tell you how many times I've been greeted with Dave Edmund's "A.1. On The Jukebox". Seems a shame to have such a shoddy quality interface in an otherwise brilliant automobile.

It would be interesting to know if there are more than just the 2 of us experiencing this behavior. And if it's just LCI cars.

Anybody else have the same issue?
Appreciate 0