View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #23
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
Been great - you can balance things out with the damper settings, so I really didn't stress much about the spring rates and went with Ohlins' and my shop's recommendations (i.e. stock).

For daily driving I went from 7 clicks all round, to 12, to finally settling on 17 of late. At 17 clicks, for me it's a great blend of better performance than stock, and practically the same comfort level as stock - but with reduced tendency for the rear to chatter around over bumps, rivets, pavement breaks and so on.

I ran 6 clicks on track at the BMW CCA Spring Driving School in CO on Sunday and the car was an absolute weapon... mid-lap the instructor went out of his way to comment on how quickly the car settles in weight transition, he thought it was unreal (so did I )

I would defo not go with softer spring rates (defeats purpose of upgraded track-ready suspension imho) but if you plan to track it a heap (like 15+ days a year) then perhaps stiffer rates could be a good option, just to give you the ability to tie it down even stiffer. My shop guy for example said he'd probably opt for slightly stiffer, but he's a 20-yr driving pro who doesn't daily his M2... For me, I'm at the stiffest I'll get with 6 clicks, but I'm happy with that.
Awesome, appreciate the feedback. Going to try the standard spring rates then - sounds like what I’m looking for.
Appreciate 0