View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #25
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Good point, and until I touch and feel the surfaces I won't be able to tell you. I also put ergonomics in the "quality" bucket and there I prefer the simpler design on the M2. The wall of buttons has not grown on me yet. But I get what you're saying, coming from other cars to the M2 I wasn't immediately overwhelmed with how much better the interior is.
Yeah, the wall is a dumb design IMO. Not only is the linear layout just bizarre, but it also completely shuts off the passenger from EVERYTHING the driver is doing. The driver controls, for example heated and cooled seats, are at the TOP of the wall furthest away from the driver. The square wheel is also super odd to me, flat bottom sure, but flat bottom AND top, it's just...different. IDK if you all have seen the gear selection, but it's just buttons; manual mode is push down, drive is pull out, neutral is push in, reverse is pull out, and park is push in. The little menu scroll wheel is hidden under the little palm rest beside the gear selection buttons, it just all reminds me of a bad mobile application where the UX was just an afterthought.
Appreciate 0