Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon89 View Post
I didn't say it was better than the pump you mentioned. And mash produced parts for cars in general tend to be cheaper than aftermarket I don't think anyone can dispute that..
Time will tell. I know someone at BMW so I'll ask him to give me the part number for the fuel pump on the X3M and on BMW's own literature they say it runs at 350bar. But it's not unlike BMW to tell fibs lol
You should start a new thread for this because we are starting to thread jack, so sorry OP, very cool m2 build so far and hope to see more content! I won't be replying to HPFP talk here to avoid further clutter, so feel free to tag me in your new thread if you desire, I am also very interested in a potential cheaper solution but I am still skeptical.

Of course mass produced pumps will be cheaper, but if bmw controls that particular model bosch makes then there is no guarantee they will sell it cheaper. Look at all the oem parts bmw sells, are they cheaper vs. aftermarket parts? Exactly.......

I'm no doubting bmw's claim of 350 bar, but it isn't unusual for bmw to mess up technical documents like how the m2 had a closed deck block, and how realoem does mess up part numbers. What I'm saying is fitment may not be compatible based on looks, same thing goes with comparing the A90 supra HPFP to the x3m.
Yeah you're right sorry for cluttering your Fred got a bit carried away...

This thread is very detailed on the upgraded fuel pump followers if interested

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...74&page=11
Appreciate 0