Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon89 View Post
The pumps made by Bosch so it would be mass produced so cost to be very low in comparison to one of the aftermarket hpfp. Also if you look carefully at the video you can see the base of both pumps are identical in the mounting face. all you will have to do is drill to new holes in the flange to bolt it down in the correct orientation to the existing hpfp. And I imagine as it's a Bosch pump you could probably get away with just bolting up existing fuel lines onto it..
Companies like Bosch don't like reinventing the wheel just slightly improving it..
Just because it is massed produced doesn't mean bmw will resell it at a cheap price.... and who knows if you can even buy it directly from Bosch.

It might only require minor drilling which would be good and the lines looked different so some fittings would be required, this would be fine but since there has been little documentation of a retrofit I will reserve judgement until there has been more done.

Appearances and reality don't often lead to the same results, so that's why part numbers are required. You can't just say it looks like an x3m pump and therefore it is one, the exterior could be the same but the internals could be vastly different. Also the exterior could have size differences not apparent to the visible eye.

Just because they're improving a design doesn't mean that it will be a simple fitment, every engine is different and so is the ecu so fitment and wiring, voltage, resistance etc could be different. It just so happens that the Supra HPFP fits and seems to work without issue, but since I have seen only 1 case so far and no images of install, or pricing of this pump I wouldn't go around saying this is going to be better than a tried and trued XDI pump.
I didn't say it was better than the pump you mentioned. And mash produced parts for cars in general tend to be cheaper than aftermarket I don't think anyone can dispute that..
Time will tell. I know someone at BMW so I'll ask him to give me the part number for the fuel pump on the X3M and on BMW's own literature they say it runs at 350bar. But it's not unlike BMW to tell fibs lol
Appreciate 0