Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
Unfortunately it's not as simple as 1 FDL coding item.
I can confirm the grey box when trying to code CarPlay for widescreen using BimmerCode:

Hu_nbt> 3000hmi> carplay_fullscreen

I would rather just pay someone for the rest of the settings so I can do the coding myself. I have a 2019 M550i with a CarPlay subscription and I only want to enable widescreen. I have version P firmware since my car was build in December 2018. If it is more involved than that, then I'm not sure I want to mess with it. In other words, I don't want my car's signature to change. My preference is to do all of the coding through BimmerCode in Expert Mode.

So... Is this even possible? I don't want to run into warranty issues or having my stuff overwritten if BMW does a firmware update. if it's done with BimmerCode then I easily put it right back. I don't mind paying for the work, I just want to be able to add/remove it on my own w/o a remote coding session each time.

Thanks,
David
Changing the parameters with BimmerCode is not going to allow full screen CarPlay. It require a much more intricate modification.

There is file in the head-unit software called carplay.ini that needs to be edited to change the usable resolution to the full width, as well as modifying the icon layout (5x2 instead of 4x2).

How this is done is by altering the file and then uploading the revised data through a back-channel that allows for map updates VIA USB drive.

If done properly, it would not be detected by BMW. However, if they update your software for any reason, it would wipe out the revised file and revert it back to split-screen and you would have to upload the full screen file again.
Appreciate 3