06-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #37
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Really appreciate the advice and technical knowledge you're sharing. When I got a quote for a replacement system, the one component that I did not have personal experience with was an Audison bit Ten. Definitely seems like a necessary addition given I was adamant about keeping the stock head unit. I was curious if you have an opinion on it, specifically, or any other comparable processor that you'd recommend.

In another thread, DKM3Power recommended an AudioControl LC2i.

I'd appreciate any feedback that you have on the subject.
You bet. The less confusion (no pun intended, really!) there is about the HK for you lucky M2 owners, the better, 'cause the heavens know we F22/F23 owners have been frustrated by it!

Either one of those solutions will work great if paired with a good aftermarket amp. I'd personally opt for the AudioControl unit unless I was sparing no expense with other upgrades. If ASD is retained, it'll still be necessary to use an amp with individual-channel gain control to keep ASD volume low. The far better option is to either code it out (OK) or use the other harness TechnicPnP makes: the ASD removal one. See this thread for a discussion on its benefits vs. coding.

As for amps themselves: The Bimmertech solution here, which incorporates a Match PP82DSP amp with built-in DSP, has been used by some. A popular choice that doesn't include DSP is the JL Audio XD600/6v2. Other possibilities include the Alpine PDX series and those from several higher-end makers (AudioControl, Zapco, Audison, others).
Appreciate 0