~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in München View Post
HAHA
Whats up with all the comments: buy prius, buy tesla??

New era of ( youtoube cool) stuff such as pop and crackles is not for everyone. Dsg farts, overrun farts. WTF?

Whats wrong with clean exhaust sound?
I am not going to buy a prius or tesla,,,, a I am going to buy an old analog car when i am done with m2c.
I may be in minority here, but I find that the burbles somehow seem to overpower the native M2C exhaust & engine notes. When in Sport+, I would prefer to hear the engine and exhaust winding down over the popping sounds. The Sport+ mode exacerbates the burbles the most, I don't hate them per se, but I would much prefer to not have them at all without messing about with the DME or installing aftermarket solutions like the AK Motion. Lately, I seem to enjoy the Sport mode quite a bit, where the burbles are negligible, and I can hear the motor and exhaust notes more cleanly. FYI, I am strongly considering the Dinan axle back exhaust (without the x-pipe), and from the limited YouTube or marketing videos I've seen, the burbles are even more enhanced when upgrading from the stock cow-udder exhaust.

I almost bought a 991.2, but chose the M2C for its practicality and all-in-one package. I don't recall hearing any overbearing popping sounds (if any at all) upon deceleration on the twin-turbo motor fitted in the previous Neunfer version. So the German engineering is capable of implementing twin-turbo engines without the burbles that some would do without.

P.S. Unsolicited side-note: in my opinion, nothing to this day beats the sound the Lexus LFA V-10 72-degrees engine/exhaust produced. I still shiver when I hear it in YouTube videos. True engineering at ITS BEST, and like many, I still lust over that car, even though it's approaching a decade in design...
Appreciate 0