View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 02:50 AM   #47
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Sorry I am late to the party. Congrats on your M2 ownership! I am an ex-C7 owner myself; I enjoyed it for nearly four years before trading it in on a '18 M2. Some random thoughts related to previous discussions in no particular order...

-Manual definitely makes the C7 more enjoyable, esp with the MGW short shifter. BMW shifter is very slushy and vague in comparison.

-C7 and M2 are both fantastic cars and each one is special its unique way. I am not sure I could pick one over the other. I am grateful I got/get to enjoy both.

-Turbo lag is a thing in the M2 but it's very minor and can be easily mitigated by being in the right gear and not be completely off throttle just before acceleration.

-N55 is an excellent engine but the bloodcurdling howl from the 6.2 V8 at higher RPM that accompanies its ferocious acceleration is nearly an out-of-body experience.

-I think C7 transcends its normal demographics. There is a noticeable infusion of owners of younger age, non-white and from wide range of professions. I was just as surprised as you when kids - some as young as 5 yo, boys and girls - knew what the car was as early as in 2014, and how excited they were when they saw my car. And then there were 60-70 yo Chinese dudes who don't normally give two shits about cars stared at my parked C7 for minutes. I have owned other cool cars before the C7 and none received as much positive attention from all walks of life as it did. The stigma is old news. I offer myself as proof: relatively not-old Chinese dude that neither has chest hair nor wear gold chain. LOL
Attached Images

'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 4