View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
Bazgab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

I have now had the chance to try out both the UUC EVO3 SSK and the Rogue Engineering Octane SSK. I installed the UUC several months ago and just recently installed the Rogue kit. I figured I would share my thoughts in case it is helpful for anyone else.

In my eyes, the Rogue kit wins hands down. Shifter feel is better and more direct. There is less slop when in gear compared to the UUC. This is just my opinion but the UUC is LOUD, it often makes a loud clicking noise when shifting into gear. Some people may prefer the sound of the UUC. The Rogue kit does make a little sound when shifting to accompany the very positive feel of the throw but it is not a loud metallic click. The shift throw is shorter when using the Rogue kit.

Installation was very similar. Both are a pain in the ass considering it is just a shifter install. would be much easier on a lift. The Rogue kit is a little easier to install. I will say that the UUC kit does get a positive in that it is height adjustable. The Rogue shifter sits a little higher than the UUC in the lowest position. Unfortunately the Rogue shifter doesn't look like it will work with the stock shifter boot as it ends up pulling the trim up from the console when shifting to certain gears.

Please note I did also install the Rogue Engineering transmission mounts along with the Octane SSK, so it may not be a completely apples-to-apples comparison. The Rogue SSK with the transmission mounts is about $100 more than the UUC. Basically, I feel like the difference between the stock shifter and the UUC is about the same upgrade as the UUC to the Rogue kit so the price premium is not a huge deal.
emdeuce196.50
geogerf115.50
AndrewC198910931.00