bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Just another dot on the roadmap for the Tesla proof of concept that their cars are. My ultimate guess is that the car company itself doesn't even exist in 10 years and is sold off sans battery technology to one of the big automakers or even Apple or Google and then Tesla will concentrate on what he really cares about and that's improving the battery for electric vehicles moving forward. Apple or Google could write a check to Tesla for what the company is worth and it wouldn't even show up as a blip on their financial statement but my guess is they would want the battery tech too and I don't see Musk giving that up because that's where he truly sees the future.

He needed a platform to prove that electric cars could work and the big automakers were never going to let him play ball with them so he said fuck you, I'll do it myself. Now that he is proving his concept and getting money from the big automakers because they buy his EV credits to make themselves look more sustainable he can continue down the battery path. Hence the Gigafactory.

What Tesla has done is nothing short of remarkable but I think the legions of fanboys and girls are going to be quite disappointed when their car fails to exist in the somewhat near future.

The guy is clearly smarter than every auto exec in the world and I applaud him for what he has done but I am not giving up my environmental nightmare of a fossil fuel burning rig just yet.

Last edited by bb1857; 08-26-2016 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0