View Single Post
      11-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #85
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

So I got the installation finished up with the latest revisions from Malakas. I will say the quality of the fitment is really awesome and I'm happy to have taken a part in this project. Everything lines up very well and I followed a powerpoint instruction manual that was provided. It was all very well done and I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Now as for install, this does require cutting so anyone looking to do this yourselves, it will require a dremel cutting tool of sorts and expect it to not be 100% perfect as you will need to cut a little extra out in order to finagle the duct through...however if you're careful you can minimize the amount of cutting. To seal up any edges I recommend Gorilla All Weather Duct Tape to encourage all the airflow to go through the radiator. Looking at the rest of the radiator shroud sealing it definitely isn't anything to write home about from the factory so I wouldn't be overly concerned about some small gaps if you had them but obviously always encourage it to be sealed as much as possible.

As for data...that will come later when I compile some results. I haven't driven it yet but I have lots of before data that I will try my best to directly compare. The unfortunate thing is that there is actually no direct intake air temperature measurement before the turbo. The intake air temperature is actually after the intercooler so it's common to see the air temp higher than ambient due to the warm coolant running through the intercooler (and warm engine bay). This being said I feel good knowing the air is actually coming from the outside of the car rather than the engine bay.

Again I can't thank Malakas enough for making the effort on the design, initial testing along with the installation powerpoint. It's been a real pleasure doing this project.
Attached Images

Poochie9104.50