View Single Post
      08-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #55
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Most people follow a path that others tell them they should, and which they begin to perceive as normal or par for their "status". I say get what your gut tells you (and a test drive perhaps). I never drove one before mine but the emotional draw was high for me for the M2, that the first one I drove was my own. Also, given BMWs track record, the new M4 will be bigger and heavier. It may be more powerful but a lot of raw feel will be lost along the way. The way the M2 is, is what makes it so fanatically loved.
I had a very short test drive in the M2C and loved it. Maybe it also had something to do with the MT, although I would order it with DCT for commuting. I had a short test drive in the M4 CS and it felt like a beast. It didn't put the smile on my face that the M2C did. I was hoping that maybe the new M4 might get better steering and a better feel, despite the infamous grill. I did test drive the M340i and it's a great car. Unfortunately, I test drove it right after the M2C and that made the M340i feel a bit boring. I wonder if BMW will mess up the magic formula of the M2C when they redesign it. That might be a great reason for me to order one now, while I still can.
Appreciate 0