Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Yeah, the M5 seems more "age appropriate" but even though it's way more expensive, I have no interest in it after having the Model S for a few years. Going really fast in a straight line while feeling nothing is not that satisfying for me.

I always wanted a BMW since I was a kid. An M car was unimaginable. I did get an E90 335 when I got older and drove that for 10 years. I still miss it. The M2C reminds me of the E90, only better.

Great to hear I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I have yet to meet someone who got rid of their fancy Tesla to get into a smaller "ICE" car. I know people who own both a Tesla and a sports car, but with only one car I only hear of people going from BMW/Porsche to Tesla. Not the other way around.
Most people follow a path that others tell them they should, and which they begin to perceive as normal or par for their "status". I say get what your gut tells you (and a test drive perhaps). I never drove one before mine but the emotional draw was high for me for the M2, that the first one I drove was my own. Also, given BMWs track record, the new M4 will be bigger and heavier. It may be more powerful but a lot of raw feel will be lost along the way. The way the M2 is, is what makes it so fanatically loved.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52722.50