View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 01:29 AM   #28
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer324 View Post
Coming from a 997 and a macan, where service was not included with the car new, then yes the BMW is cheaper for the first 3 years of routine maintenance.

I will say both my p-cars had zero mechanical issues, 91,000 miles on the 997 and 65,000 miles on the macan. Other than routine maintenance and replacing wear items I was never really concerned with reliability of them as the miles got up there. And as mentioned, find a reliable independent shop and cost of owning the car is not unreasonable.

My M2 is my first bmw and the included service is nice. The car is a blast to drive, definitely a different feel than porsche but very nimble and fun. The only concern I have is their reliability when my warranty runs out.
When it comes to reliability I think it depends exactly what model you have, too. A friend of mine got hosed by his Panamera Turbo. Engine failure, PDCC failure, 2x air compressor failures, all right out of warranty. Their V8s in the Cayenne and Panamera were notorious for blowing up from MYs 2010-2013. The older flat sixes from the 986 and early 987s weren't much better.
Appreciate 0